After a 20 minutes (roughly) travel from Magdelena, we headed to Nagcarlan, we did not find a good restaurant there so we decided to eat lunch in Nagcarlan. We are a bit hungry when we reached Nagcarlan so we asked one of the townsfolk there where can we get a good eat, we are actually looking for a nice native restaurant where town's specialties are being served, then manong pointed us to the palengke and said, "dun po sa palengke maraming masarap na kainan." So we got there and saw numbers of turo turo or carinderia. We saw numbers of great food and I was impressed because cleanliness is observed when they serve the food (I'm talking about hygiene when it comes to food serving). That also was the first time I tasted Asadong Manok, hahahaha... Just tastes like Afritada so I said to myself, "afritada lang to eh." So as we are eating our lunch we throw questions to the lady who served us food, as to what can we expect here or what can we site here. She said aside from the old church facing us, we also have what we call "underground cemetery." and so I asked her, what to ride going there, she pointed us to the tricycle driver and pay him 30php. Okay I said so, after lunch we headed to the Nagcarlan Underground Cemetery, and I'm telling you, the place is very nostalgic and full of historical value... Beautiful, I said to myself. So we began to take photos, then came these pictures.
 |
| The main entrance gate to the cemetery. |
The Cemetery also has a Chapel that was constructed in 1845. The Nagcarlan underground cemetery is only one of its kind in Laguna. It is a Burial site constructed and designed for burial mass by a Franciscan Priest Vicente Velloc.
 |
| The other side. |
 |
| Philippine Flag. |
 |
| The Chapel. |
 |
| The tombs at the right side of the chapel. |
 |
| Tombs at the left side. Just made it black and white to add some drama on it. :) |
 |
| This picture turns out to be over exposed so sorry about that, anyway I just made a work around on it. |
 |
| A recognition from the Philippine Government. |
 |
| El Santo Entierro De Nagcarlan, the main icon of the Chapel. |
 |
| A closer look. |
2 comments:
wow those are nice pictures you have. thanks for introducing me to this place..I really want to visit it someday!
Hey Dennis, Thanks buddy.... No worries, you silently encouraged me to continue this blog... I've got inspired by your courage to take photos... Yeah go and take a visit, Laguna is such a nice cool place and full of stories from the past to tell.
Post a Comment